Saturday, January 3, 2009


So what did I actually do for new years? Well, Marco's been a good friend on WOW (and school, but that's less significant :)), and I figured I'd probably just be at the tables if I didn't go out with him and his friends anyway, so I accepted his invite for Giant Maximus, and it turned out to be quite the experience. I got picked up from my hotel after they went in circles for like 2 hours like noobs :P We then met up with some of his friends at a girl's condo and everyone seemed really chill and excited for an eventful night. Her place was pretty nice in a complex downtown, and I asked about the rent price just to know my options. 

The venue was pretty crazy...a carnival in downtown L.A. with numerous tents of world-renowned DJs. Unfortunately shortly after we got in, the girl got arrested for getting caught taking a bump and being in possession of some pills. A group of her friends left with her, so after waiting around for awhile, it was just down to a group of 5 of us. I've never really been into rave culture even when it was big back in middle and high school, but I can definitely see its appeal as a diverse crowd was having the time of their lives bringing in the new year. It was a pretty intense party, but to tell you the truth, my mind was on one person and my girls back home. I hated how I didn't get reception on my phone the entire night, especially seeing Eric go on his every few minutes to call/text his girl. I also got tired pretty fast from not getting too much sleep the night before and only having a quick meal right when we got there. We ended up leaving at around 4ish, when it started to get really really cold from the lack of body heat. Eric was also feeling unwell and threw up a few times there and in the cab, and it was quite the mission getting back to his gf's to crash since he was completely delirious and we had to go through a looooot of trouble to get in to her place..


No need for details though, the good thing is that we all got back in one piece. As for me, I realized I'm really less outgoing than I ever realized. In fact, after seeing all the outrageous stuff that night, I feel a lot like an old fart. Maybe it's the place in my life I'm at right now, where I really can't afford to make more mistakes and stray off my goal. Or perhaps it's hard to have a good time with too much on my mind. I did have some ingenious thoughts on that crazy stuff I took though. That was my second time rolling but completely different than the first. It got so intense at some points that I was actually frightened because I didn't feel in control anymore. Well, if I do it again it's only gonna be with really close friends and in moderation. Still had a blast though :)

2 comments:

  1. gramma slept, dad watched tv, and yours truly sat around on the computer (on facebook I think) as the clock struck the new year....

    you better be having a lot of fun, or getting something out of this long long absence :(

    ReplyDelete